Old Palatial House of the Marquises of Torresoto

It was the first palace of the Marquises de Torresoto. A standout feature of the building is its eighteenth century façade with a military shield of arms which represents the surnames of the different families who lived in the house: Andino, Gamaza, Bohórquez, and Quintanilla. In 1831 it became the property of the Marquis of Torresoto. To the right of the façade we see an eighteenth century tile, evidence that the house's owners had connections to the Holy Inquisition. It is situated opposite the Plaza del Cananeo which was the scene of dramatic representations of The Eucharist. This small plaza still conserves the character of old Arcos.

Address: Cananeo Square.

Free, only façade.