Useful information



The code for Spain (+34)

The code for the province of Cádiz (956)


Spain is a country with broadband in all the national territory, with different capacities and speeds.


You can send letters from anywhere in Spain. To do so you should buy stamps, available at the licensed tobacco shops known as “Estancos”.

To send the letter or postcard you need to put it in a post box, to be found in the streets or going to the post office


Arcos is the typical hill town, so we recommend comfortable clothing and footwear, and the perfect complement: the backpack. Hands free for the map and the camera.


In Spain, medications are obtained at pharmacies. They are all marked with a green cross. You will get your prescriptions from your doctor. If you come from a country in the European Union, or your country has health agreements with Spain, you will have the same prescription drug benefits as Spanish citizens.

Opening hours: from 9.00 to 14.00 and 17.00 to 21.00. Guard schedule set out in the establishment.


The currency in Spain is the euro, the same as in other European Union countries. Visitors can change foreign currency at any bank.

Payment using recognized international credit cards is also commonly available in Spanish shops. They usually have signs indicating this option at the entrance to the establishment. When you make a payment you should show your passport or ID card.


The documentation required to travel to Spain varies according to the country of origin.

If you are a citizen of the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein: you will need a valid passport or ID card. Additionally, in the case of a minor travelling with an ID document, this must be accompanied by written permission from the parents.

If you come from another country:

The maximum stay in Spain is 90 days.

There are a number of countries whose citizens are required to have a valid current visa in order to enter Spain. You can find a list of these countries. Citizens of these countries can also travel to Spain if they have a residence permit or a long-term visa issued by another country in the European Union (with the exception of the United Kingdom, Ireland, Romania, Bulgaria and Cyprus), Switzerland, Norway, Iceland and Lichtenstein.

Citizens of all other countries must be in possession of documents which justify the object and the conditions of their stay. The documents they are required to present will vary according to the motive of the trip. You can check these on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation.

It is advisable to take out travel insurance for your trip.

With the European Health Insurance Card you will receive the same temporary healthcare services as any other Spanish citizen. The expiry date can be found on the European Health Insurance Card and it is valid in EU countries, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein.

Given that conditions may vary, we suggest that you contact the Spanish Embassy or Consulate to verify these requirements before you start your trip.

Useful Telephone Numbers

– Town Hall: Tel: 956 700800- 956 717080
– Tourist Office: Tel: 956 702264
– Local Police Station: Tel: 956 701652
– Guardia Civil: Tel: 956 700052
– Red Cross: Tel: 956 700355
– Fire Brigade: Tel: 085/112
– Health Centre: Tel: 600161136
– Post Office: Tel: 956 701560
– Bus Station: Tel: 902 199201/956 329347
– Radio Taxi: Tel: 956 704640

Urban and Interurban Transport

Autocares VALENZUELA Tel: 956 702609- 956 182581
COMES Tel: 956 807059
DAMAS 959 256900

Do you have any doubt?

Skip to content